United Way's 5 Card Float down the Sandy River
Date: June 26, 2021
10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Location: Start at Fairbanks Bridge- end at DHHS
United Way of the Tri-Valley Area will host its first 5 Card Float down the Sandy River on June 26th. Put-in will be at the Fairbanks Bridge between 10am and 12pm. Take-out will be at DHHS in Farmington. There will be shuttle service to get you back to your vehicle at the Fairbanks Bridge. Feel free to float, paddle, swim etc. – whatever floats goes and bring your own snacks/drinks! Just remember as with every event that United Way hosts, that money raised from this event gets invested directly back into our community – through valued community partners and through programs like the Hope Fund, Packs for Progress, the Community Energy Challenge and more!
United Way is excited to offer this opportunity with sponsorship from Technology Solutions of Maine and one of the prizes donated by Northern Lights! This event is family friendly; children are welcome but will not be permitted to buy into the poker hands (and do not need to register). Poker hands are $20 each for anyone 18 and over and each person can purchase as many hands as they like. Cards will be ‘dealt’ along the float:
• One at Fairbanks Bridge (at put in) and volunteers will be there to help you push off!
• Three at various stops along the float (very obvious and easy to spot).
• One at DHHS (at take out) and volunteers will be there to help you ashore. Shuttle service will also be available to shuttle you back to the Fairbanks Bridge/ballfield.
• You will have the opportunity to ‘draw/trade’ up to three cards per hand (four if you have an ace) for $5 per card.
• Best two hands win.
• Prizes are $500 or a new Northern Lights kayak (best hand chooses first).
Visit www.uwtva.org to get signed up now! Get your crew together and mark your calendars. Families and children are welcome. Feel free to bring snacks/drinks to enjoy along the way (just be sure to bring out whatever you bring in).